QKC Closely Monitoring COVID-19
We at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center (QKC) are actively taking guidance from the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We are doing everything we can to maintain a safe environment for the well-being of our entire shopping center community. We are disinfecting high-traffic and high-touch locations throughout the center. Examples of these include restrooms, doors, railings, and furnishings. QKC is working with our housekeeping vendors in increasing the frequency and intensity of cleaning.
As an extra precaution, QKC has postponed all community events until further notice.
QKC will remain open for business, however individual store hours will vary so please call the individual store before coming to QKC.
Here are the steps we’ve taken to date to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- We have shared the CDC’s recommendations for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 with our employees and tenants. These recommendations can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- We have instructed our janitorial vendors to increase the cleaning/disinfection of the high touch surfaces throughout the buildings (door handles, elevator buttons, railings, etc.)
- Should we learn of an individual who has been in the building and who has contracted COVID-19, we will reach out to the CDC and local authorities and follow their instructions for the safety of the building and its occupants.
Here is what you can do to stay healthy
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you do become sick with respiratory symptoms such as fever and cough, please stay away from work, school or other people to avoid spreading the illness
- Keep a safe distance from others
For the most up-to-date information please visit the CDC’s website here.